Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Mornings with Finn

 With Addie attending school Mon-Thurs for a few hours and Finn only attending Wednesdays, he and I are having some quiet mornings just the two of us. I am very thankful to get some special time with just my current youngest before our next arrival. He is definitely ready to be the "big brother" (and insists on being called this already), but I'm sure it will be an adjustment. He loves to feel my tummy for kicks..."she got me Momma!"..and he and Addie have included a costume pick for baby sister as they look ahead to Halloween (though we hope she's not here that soon!).

Finn is continuing to be our good-natured fun little boy. He is always good for a laugh...a couple of times in the past weeks we have found him face-down and stark naked from the waist down in the middle of he and Addie's room...I guess the trips to the potty after being put to bed tucker a little guy out sometimes, but really make for a good laugh for mom and dad who then put him into his bed and re-jammy him! He also continues to frequently fall out of his bed (after being in a toddler bed for only like a year!)..we'll hear a thump and go find the little man sound asleep on his floor. At least it doesn't bother him, though waking up with a carpet-pattern on one's face is less than optimal.

Last night little Finn found me where I was reading and said "I'm going to watch a really good movie with my Dad, Shaun the Sheep, with the man and the funny sheep." I asked if I should come watch too..? "I think you might be scared, Mom, some parts are scary. I'm not scared of the scary because I'm the big brother!"..Love my little man, and I did join in for the showing of 'Shaun the Sheep' and fortunately was not scared of the slapstick sheep/cartoon humor:)

A couple of pics from our quiet morning today..His favorite book, 'Curious George and the Train Station'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This site was made with ♥ by Angie Makes