Pages

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Burke-Gilman Walk

Today we decided that our perfect Sunday afternoon would include a long stroller walk. We chose the Burke-Gilman as our trail of choice and started at the U-Village and went to Fremont and back, taking a break to have Ladro coffee by the Fremont bridge. It was a nice 6-mile route and the kids both enjoyed naps in our comfy stroller though everyone was glad to get back to the car for snacks and Mommy was suffering from some sore feet (I had already run 11 miles and made a poor choice in footwear).


We let Finn try his very first chocolate milk...only, he was more interested in the straw than the drink!


Such a Daddy's Girl.

5 comments:

  1. great photos! I love the one of you and Finn, you are such a hot mama! (and points to you--ran 11 miles...holy smokes!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can run 11 miles straight?! Good lord lady! You had me fooled, I will NOT be running a half marathon with you! Haha ;) I would be left in your dust for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shawna-I guess my blurb was misleading. I ran 5 on Sat, 6 on Sun. I felt great though, like I could have run all morning if I didn't have places to be! You should run it with me, did you sign up??

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so awesome Claire!! You are doing amazing! Were you a runner in high school or college? Im so sad to find how quickly I lost all my endurance from way back then, and how hard it is to get it back now! :) I haven't signed up yet...but your peer pressure is working! Haha! I am on the fence. Im worried I will hurt my knee again, but we will see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did run quite a lot in HS, though I didn't run track as it was during tennis season. I have an old knee injury on the left too...but actually I feel like the frequent running is helping. It used to be that I would go out and run and barely be able to put weight on it afterward...now I barely notice it hurting.

    ReplyDelete

This site was made with ♥ by Angie Makes