Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Addie

This little one is at such a fun age. She is just so entertaining to talk to..she has a good understanding of how things work by now, but still has the innocence that only children have. Last night while we were getting Finn into his jammies, I turned to Addie and said, "isn't your daddy good looking?". Her reply, "well, he's not bad looking". When she realized by our reactions that this wasn't the compliment she'd intended, she turned to her daddy and said, "Daddy, I think you look perfect".

This morning Blake came out of the bathroom to tell me had had a fresh batch of grey hairs...and I of course got very excited to tell my nearly 30 year-old hubby what an old man he is becoming when Addie broke out bawling. "I don't want my Daddy to be old...I'm not ready for him to die"! I guess no more over the hill jokes for a bit.

She has such a kind heart for her little brother, prays fervently each night that "mommy will have another baby, but not me or Finn or Daddy please", loves shoe shopping and imaginative play. I could sit and listen to her the make believe conversations her toys have with each other all day!

We are truly blessed to have this little one if our lives.

2 comments:

  1. Claire, you are just the most amazing mommy on the face of the earth! Beautiful (individual) posts about how much you enjoy each of your children and how completely precious they are! My heart is officially warmed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love!! She has such a tender heart. The Noah & Lilah skirt is adorable on her.

    ReplyDelete

This site was made with ♥ by Angie Makes